It seems like I'm not getting much posting done these days, other than Foodie Friday but I promise I'm working on several other posts! In the mean time, enjoy the delicious recipes and let me know what you think of them.
Here is a fairly clean recipe that is great for cool days, pot lucks or simply a cozy family dinner. I have made it on several occasions and it seems to be a big hit. My little ones also love it! What more can I ask for?!?
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 chicken breast - cooked & shredded
- 1 can black beans - rinsed and drained
- 1 can of corn or 1 1/2 cups - rinsed
- 6 kale leaves - finely chopped ((I've also used baby spinach and it's delicious))
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro + extra for topping ((optional))
- 1/2 cup green onions + extra for topping ((optional))
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 3 cups of your favorite cheese ((We use colby jack))
- Jalapenos ((optional))
- Preheat oven to 350° & spray 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Boil or bake chicken while preparing quinoa.
- Cook quinoa as directed on package. Once cooked, add to a large bowl and immediately add kale so that it cooks down in the heat.
- Add remaining ingredients. Save 1 1/2 cups of cheese for the topping.
- Pour into casserole dish and press to flatten. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
- If desired, top with extra green onions and cilantro.
Inspired by ifoodreal.