Fall is here, even though we aren't exactly experiencing fall weather here in Oklahoma, it's the perfect time to share one of my all time favorite comfort foods. Chicken and dumplings are definitely a favorite in our house and we incorporate them in family traditions such as Christmas Eve with my in-laws, meal delivery for new parents etc. It's an easy, delicious recipe that gives you that warm cozy full feeling that we all long for on chilly fall days and frigid winter days.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 Tbsp. butter - room temp.
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts - cooked and shredded
- Mix flour, salt, egg, milk & butter until ball forms.
- Roll out on flour surface, cut into 1/2in. strips (OPTIONAL). I just simply drop my dumplings into the heated broth with a spoon.
- Bring broth to a boil and drop dumplings in.
- Stir once until the dumplings surface. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer for another 10 minutes or until they have reached desired consistency.