I love pasta and am always up for a quick and easy, yet tasty pasta dish that the kids like too. This has become a favorite in the our family, it's such an easy go to meal hence the paper plate. This is real life y'all and sometimes this mama wants a simple dinner from dishes to food!
I'm also a salty gal so I add a bit of extra salt and a few squirts of lemon juice to top it off... delish!
- 8ozs fettuccine noodles
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 leeks, white and green parts only, thin slices
- 8ozs. white mushrooms - cleaned and chopped
- 1c. corn
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. crumbled feta
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions and drain.
- While pasta cooks, heat butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Add leeks and cook until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in corn, garlic and seasonings and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Once pasta is done, drain and toss in olive oil and other ingredients, including feta.
Inspired by Diethood.