I cannot begin to tell you just how delicious this recipe is. Let me just say that I was so busy enjoying the warm intense flavor that I forgot to take a picture for y'all until it was practically all gone. Don't let the picture fool you, it is a hearty dish that easily feeds 6 people. Even if someone in your family isn't a sweet potato lover, like my husband for instance, go ahead and give it a try. Even he loved it! The sweet potato flavor is actually very faint but the mixture of all the flavors is intense my friends, you don't want to pass this one by!
- 2lbs ground beef
- 1 red onion - diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1- 29.5 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2c. petitie diced tomatoes w/ juice
- 3c. beef stock
- 1c. or approx. 3 large carrots
- 5 small sweet potatoes - peeled and cubed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2c. chili powder
- dash of oregano
- dash of red pepper flakes ((optional))
- In a large saucepan, brown beef, onions and garlic.
- Drain once beef is cooked thoroughly and onions are tender.
- Pour into crock pot with remaining ingredients.
- Simmer all day on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.