If you're looking for an easy and delicious meal for your little ones, today is your lucky day. A & S LOVE these chimichangas and they can easily be altered with other ingredients. I am looking forward to making all sorts of varieties because they are that easy! As with most of the other recipes I post, these are very easy to freeze and reheat. I had quite a bit of the filling leftover and have frozen it too and will be using it to make more soon.
- 10 tortillas
- 1 can refried black beans
- 1 can of fat-free refried beans
- 6ozs of mild salsa ((I use Newman's Own))
- Cheese ((your choice))
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Whisk egg whites in a small bowl.
- Mix both refried beans and salsa in a medium bowl.
- Spread bean mixture on tortilla and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold tortilla in half and brush with egg white.
- Continue folding in edges and brushing with egg white to seal all ends.
- Put 1 to 2Tbsp. of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Once pan is hot, place chimichangas in pan and cook for approx. 1 minute or until golden brown on each side.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with foil & bake for 15 minutes.
Recipe inspired by Super Healthy Kids