One of my awesome mommy friends, Jen, who is also a blogger over at All Four Love recently shared one of many delicious recipes that I couldn't resist trying it! I'm over the moon glad I did because A & S devour them every.single.time, not to mention everyone who I've ever shared them with has as well. Even my mother-in-law approved, you get the point. Another plus to these beauties is that they freeze very well, as always put them in the frig the night before and they will be ready to eat in the morning!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1/2 cup zucchini - shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots - peeled & shredded
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and nutmeg.
- In another bowel, mix egg, zucchini, carrot, applesauce and lemon zest.
- Add zucchini/carrot mixture to flour mixture. Mix well.
- Fill mini muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
Inspired by All Four Love