I know it's August and in many places still quite hot out, even in this years mild summer, but I can't resist sharing this fantastic chowder with you all! Seriously, it is Heaven.
- 7 fresh corn ears - husked
- 2 smoked chicken breast - shredded
- 6 slices of crispy bacon
- 1/2 cup onion- finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes- diced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Spray oil over corn and broil until both sides are slightly charred.
- Saute bacon until crispy, then add butter and onion, cook for approx. 8 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle flour in bacon mix and stir for 2 minutes, then slowly add broth and potatoes.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Cut corn off cobs and add the corn, heavy cream and smoked chicken to the broth mixture.
- Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
Inspired by Cooking on the Front Burner