In an effort to start eating healthier, I have been trying several new recipes and will be sharing them with you over the next few months. So far everything has been very tasty and filling, which helps tremendously! This is an inexpensive, easy, and healthy dish that your whole family is sure to love.
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa -uncooked & rinsed
- 2 chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (your favorite, I used colby jack)
- 3 cups broccoli
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease 9x13 casserole dish.
- Bring the broth and 1/2 c. milk to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the other 1/2c. of milk with poultry seasoning and flour.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the broth mixture and whisk until sauce becomes smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the sauce, 1 c. water and quinoa until combined and pour into casserole dish.
- Cube raw chicken breasts and lay over the quinoa mix.
- Season chicken by sprinkling rosemary, thyme and savory over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until thickened.
- While baking, boil broccoli for approx. 1 minute and rinse with cold water.
- When done baking, stir broccoli and 1/2c. water (more or less depending on desired consistency) into casserole, sprinkle with your favorite cheese and bake for 5 minutes.
Inspired by The Life of Vida