What's better than a good ole' buffalo chicken dish??? A healthy one with no guilt attached! This is a great meal for the family or one to enjoy with your family and friends at a nice summer cook out. It's light on the stomach but heavy on the taste buds!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 green onions - chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup hot sauce ((we use Cholula)
- 1 tsp. season salt
- Rinse quinoa and drain in fine mesh strainer. Combine water and quinoa. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for approx. 20 minutes or until water has been absorbed, remove from heat and stir.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare dressing by whisking olive oil, hot sauce and season salt together until well combined.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and saute broccoli for 5 minutes or until it begins to soften. You still want it crisp so don't over cook. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook chicken in the same pan over medium heat until well cooked. Add 1/4 cup of dressing and stir on heat until absorbed.
- When the quinoa is finished, add the chicken, broccoli, carrots, cabbage and as much dressing as you like and toss. Top with blue cheese and green onion and toss again.
Inspired by Half Baked Harvest.